The most limiting belief is:
"I already know."Every time I've stretched myself into a new role and surrounded myself with people smarter than me, the same instinct kicks in.
Prove you belong.
Have the answer.
Be the one who knows.
Early in your career, that instinct might work.
It builds credibility. It earns trust. So it gets reinforced.
But at some point, it stops being useful and starts running on autopilot.
I've been that person in the room.
The one who stops asking questions because asking feels like admitting weakness.
There's a voice behind it. It sounds like high standards.
"You should already know this."
"Asking makes you look junior."
"You've earned your seat. Act like it."
It sounds like confidence. Underneath, it's a saboteur.
I see it in the leaders I work with all the time.
Someone who built their reputation on expertise starts protecting it.
The first move is catching the instinct.
Noticing the moment you stop being curious and start performing certainty.
Once you can see it, the rest follows:
→ Ask the question anyway, even when you think you know the answer.
→ Invite someone to challenge your thinking on a decision you've already made.
→ Name one assumption you're holding that might be outdated.
The leaders who keep growing use their experience to ask better questions.
Credit to: Liam Darmody
No comments:
Post a Comment
I need your suggestion