9/09/2026

The Mistake Most React Developers Make

The Difference Between a Beginner and Senior Frontend Developer

I made this mistake for 2 years. Maybe you're making it too. 👀

I thought learning frontend meant learning React.

So I focused on:
✓ Components
✓ Hooks
✓ State
✓ APIs

And ignored everything else.

My projects worked, but they were a nightmare to maintain.
Files everywhere. Logic duplicated.
Components impossible to find.

I realized something:
The difference between beginner and senior frontend engineers isn't React.

It's architecture. It's project structure.
I reviewed hundreds of frontend projects over the years.

Most had the same problem. The code worked.
But nobody wanted to maintain it.

Here's the roadmap I wish someone had given me when I started.

Phase 1: Learn the Foundations
✓ HTML
✓ CSS
✓ JavaScript
✓ DOM
✓ ES6+

Phase 2: Learn React
✓ Components
✓ Props
✓ State
✓ useEffect
✓ Forms
✓ Routing

Phase 3: My Biggest Mistake
My folder structure looked something like this:

src/
components/
components-new/
new-components/
final-components/
Finding files became harder than building features.

A better structure:
src/
├── assets
├── components
├── pages
├── utils
Simple. Clean. Scalable.

Phase 4: Learn Project Architecture
As projects grow:

src/
├── api
├── assets
├── components
├── context
├── hooks
├── pages
├── redux
├── services
├── utils
Every folder has one responsibility.

Phase 5: Become Industry Ready
Learn:
✓ Custom Hooks
✓ Context API
✓ Redux Toolkit
✓ Authentication
✓ Protected Routes
✓ API Layer
✓ Error Handling
✓ Reusable Components
This is where frontend starts feeling like engineering.

Phase 6: Advanced Frontend
✓ TypeScript
✓ React Query
✓ Next.js
✓ Testing
✓ Performance Optimization
✓ CI/CD
✓ Frontend System Design

Most developers never reach this stage.
That's why the gap becomes huge.

Save this; you'll need it later (3 dots, top right).

🔁 Repost it to share in your network!

Resources I'd recommend:
- w3schools.com—If you are new to frontend development, check out for strong fundamentals.
• Namaste JavaScript
• Namaste React by Akshay Saini 🚀 Saini
• Frontend Masters
• Kent C. Dodds
• Frontend Interview Handbook

The lesson that took me the longest to learn:
A messy folder structure doesn't hurt on Day 1.
It destroys productivity on Day 100.


What frontend mistake took you the longest to realize?

Credit: Swadesh Kumar (https://lnkd.in/p/ebf-X4jw)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I need your suggestion

Scope of The AI Stack (Important Lesson)

The AI stack is getting bigger every month A few years ago, learning AI mostly meant understanding machine learning, LLMs and a handful of p...

popular posts